HOW ARE CLOUD PROVIDERS INFLUENCING CHANGE IN THE BUSINESS WORLD?14.08.2017
For many organisations Cloud Computing has gone from an added luxury to a fundamental element of their IT transformation. The rationale behind migrating away from physical infrastructures into cloud-based solutions is simply because the pros outweigh the cons. In the last year alone companies moving to cloud based technology has grown from 19% to 57% and this figure is set to grow further. Below outlines ten benefits for companies who adopt this technology;
1. Staying at the forefront of technological advances. Historically, IT departments need to constantly update software and ensure regular security patches. Cloud providers complete this time-consuming task, allowing technical staff to focus on more strategic projects.
2. Enhanced Security. Cloud providers are experts in security and have the latest, state of the art solutions and techniques to keep data secure. Files are not stored in vulnerable places but with the providers themselves, allowing secure access.
3. Increased competitive ability. Cloud technology enables SME’s to compete with larger competitors on the technology front. Smaller organisations can enable software and applications that they would not usually be able to afford.
4. Tightened budget control. Monthly subscriptions and scalable usage allows companies to budget for longer periods without any unforeseen cost increases.
5. Flexibility. Building and maintaining an onsite solution means companies need to predict what storage, security and application development they will need each year. Cloud computing allows flexibility to only consume the resources needed and scale as required.
6. Employee collaboration. Employees have the freedom to share ideas and information quickly and efficiently across the internet. When data is not locked into specific devices or locations employees can share files quickly, increasing effective communication.
7. Work versatility. As mobile working becomes more important for candidates, many employees are working remotely. The cloud allows on demand access to data wherever and whenever, enabling versatility in the workplace.
8. Little to no downtime. Any disruption to a company’s network will cost money. The longer the time wasted and bigger the company, the bigger the cost. Systems that have moved to the cloud will have an easier time recovering their data using advance disaster recovery services from Cloud providers.
9. Data integrity is protected. Where files constantly move in and out of the cloud, controlling their formats is essential. Cloud computing stores files centrally, so only one master copy of a file exists rather than numerous versions amongst different users.
10. Environmentally friendly. The need for physical infrastructure can be reduced to near zero, allowing the opportunity to be far more energy efficient.
Initial costs and skill shortages are the main reasons companies are not able to implement cloud technology. However, for organisations not using a cloud solution they run the risk of being less versatile and experiencing difficulties attracting and retaining new clients.
At Cognatio Solutions we’re seeing an increased demand for Cloud specialists across all industries. Therefore, we’re proactively working with both passive and active candidates to ensure we meet our client’s recruitment needs. If you would like to discuss how Cognatio Solutions can impact your businesses hiring plans, or if you’re a candidate looking to explore new opportunities please email email@example.com. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to hear regular industry news and find out about the projects we’re working on.